Sixteen companies have been invited into the Mentor Capital Network’s 2019 Spring Cohort. Fourteen have accepted so far, and we expect to add the other two shortly.
We will reviewing their business plans during the April and early May. These firms have been chosen for a balance of industry and geography, with a focus on finding companies that the MCN can most help.
Seven of the companies are part of the Be Green Hub in Bethesda, MD – BTU Insight, Elysian Holdings, Future Forward Foods, GEOFER, Last Call, Living Canopies, and Textiles. Reviewers in the Washington, DC area will have the chance to meet these entrepreneurs in person.
Four of the companies are led by alumni of the Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative program run by the U.S. Department of State and Meridian International Center – Giving a Hand, Nedraki, Novulis, and Nuetro Bambú.
If you have been asked to review business plans with us this April, you can indicate your preference via this form.
- Atellier Organic. Joyas de Autor is a Mexican firm which manufactures and sells jewelry and goldsmith of natural semi-precious stones, with handcrafted techniques and ecological process.
- BioPencil is a Peruvian company that makes 100% eco-friendly pencils made of cultivated algae.
- BTU Insight creates the SunOmatic, a window mounted solar space heater, and other solar powered consumer products. They are part of the Be Green Hub in Bethesda, MD.
- Co-Grow is a co-working space in Guyana, which is focused on providing employment for young mothers and the differently abled who have challenges working in traditional office setting.
- Dunia Designs of Tanzania makes commercially well-designed furniture, accessories, construction products & more out of 90% upcycled plastic.
- Elysian Holdings uses industrial hemp to create certifiably compostable beverage containers. They are part of the Be Green Hub in Bethesda, MD.
- Future Forward Foods is a health and wellness company that produces healthy, wholesome, engaging consumer packaged goods. They are part of the Be Green Hub in Bethesda, MD.
- GOEFER makes an Energy Management platform that is a plug-load energy solution. They are part of the Be Green Hub in Bethesda, MD.
- GogyUp is a USA company whose Literacy Support System provides just-in-time reading assistance for employees with low print literacy or English proficiency.
- Last Call enables people in need to enjoy restaurant quality meals at a discounted price, reducing food waste. They are part of the Be Green Hub in Bethesda, MD.
- Living Canopies sells the Living Umbrella, an easy, smart, and environmentally friendly way to grow fruits, vegetables, or beautiful flowering vines above your head, while reducing stormwater flows and reversing the urban heat island effect. They are part of the Be Green Hub in Bethesda, MD.
- Nedraki is a sustainable development company in Venezuela that uses plastic waste material for 3D printing.
- Nuestro Bambu is a creative study of design and architecture with bamboo, creating social and environmental impact in Uruguay.
- Novulis is a social, public-health enterprise that provides on-the-job-site oral health solutions with employer subsidy to the working poor of Ecuador.
- Signalytic provides an e-health solution so Health Providers can focus on delivering quality care to their patients. They are launching in East Africa.
- Texiles is a startup clothing recycling service dedicated to eliminating clothing waste in the landfill. They are part of the Be Green Hub in Bethesda, MD.
- ZigWay provides low income families in Myanmar with a mobile application that gives people direct access to cheap, flexible Nano Loans ($5-$200) via their phones.