Frequently Answered Questions about our application process
- You must represent a for-profit start-up or growing company that has a social, environmental, and/or cultural mission that strengthens your company’s financial margin.
- You must be open to receiving feedback on your business ideas from reviewers, including industry and regional experts, investors, lawyers, and accountants from around the globe. You must be open to changing your business model, otherwise we can not really help you.
- If you’re not sure what stage you are in, check out the Village Capital VIRAL Framework. We will work with companies in stages 1-7, but stages 2-6 are probably where we are the most useful. Caveat — this framework is designed for companies seeking external equity funding. You do not need to be seeking funding to work with the MCN.
- You must be interested in building an ongoing relationship with a mentor.
- You must be able to submit your documents in English, Spanish, or French. Our team’s primary language is English, so if you are working in Spanish or French, please have at least one person we can communicate with in English.
- The application takes an average of 45 minutes to fill out.
- If you have already have an existing 2-5 page summary of your program, use that.
- To save you time, we also accept applications that have been submitted to Agora Partnerships, Echoing Green, Fledge, Global Social Benefit Institute, Seed Spot, Uncharted, and Village Capital. Just send us the same paperwork you sent them.
- You may re-submit your application as many times as you want before the deadline.
- Your leadership team can be any age or educational status.
- Your company can be based anywhere on earth.
- You can be pre- or post- revenue.
- You may submit plans for hybrids, or for-profits that are owned by non-profits. But the entity itself must be for-profit.
- In addition to judging your application on business viability and potential social impact, we also look for companies that we have the specific mentors and resources to help.
- We do not distribute grants. Any for-profit or non-profit organizations that apply looking only to receive funds will not be considered.
- The full criteria by which we judge if you are a good fit for our program are listed here.
- A summary of our program timeline and process is here.
- An overly-detailed description of our program timeline and process is here.
Did we miss anything? Let us know at email@example.com.